- Post ID: 710870473
- Posted Date: Oct 25, 2021
- Closing Date: Jun 22, 2022
- Company: Telco Steel Works Ltd.
- Category: Manufacturing & Production
- Business Location:550 Southgate Drive, Guelph, ON, Canada
- Views 337
- Experience: 5 years or more
- Remuneration: $27-$31/hour + benefits (see description)
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
- How to apply: In person or by appointment (Call 519-837-1973 X334 to arrange)
We would like to welcome Structural Steel Welder/Fitters to both our day and afternoon shift teams.
We would be interested in meeting you if you have either:
- 3yrs experience in structural steel fabrication OR
- a journeyman certificate in welding, fabrication, boiler-making, plating or a closely-related trade OR
- A Canadian Welding Bureau ticket OR
- Another certification in welding and or fabrication that meets with Telco’s requirements
as well as consider yourself to be:
- attentive to detail
- a team player willing to contribute to process improvements and business growth
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Mig Welding -FCAW/MCAW
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
Fabricator – Fitter Duties
- Interpret shop fabrication drawings and install fitted parts in accordance with the approved shop fabrication drawings, using tack welds or other approved means to temporarily connect the fitted material prior to final welding.
- Move material either by manual or mechanical (overhead crane) means as required and as necessary.
- Utilize flame cutting equipment (torches) and grinders as required to finish work.
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, or other methods.
- Maintain the area in a neat and tidy manner, i.e. practice good housekeeping.
- Work in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with the Telco Steel Works Ltd. approve Health & Safety Policy.
- Lift a maximum of 50lbs a height of 30in. (22kg/75cm)
Why our employees enjoy working at Telco Steel Works:
- Steady income
- Career advancement
- Team environment
- Radiant floor heating
- Challenging work
- Great work hours
- Management support
Wages and Benefits
- $27 to $31 per hour
- Group RSP Program matched by employer
- Medical and Dental Benefits Plan
- Attendance Recognition Incentive
- Afternoon shift premium